when can we call ourselves, or be called Gear Junkies?

superspit

idiots unite!
Hi People,
how does one know when they've become a "Gear Junky"..
I.... I... I..I.I mean, like, when someone, like, calls y.. yo....you a Gear Junky, whe.. when should I, I.. I... mean YOU get all up... up.. uppet.... defensive?
Thankyou,...a..err.. man.

Hi People,
how does one know when they've become a "Gear Junky"..
I.... I... I..I.I mean, like, when someone, like, calls y.. yo....you a Gear Junky, whe.. when should I, I.. I... mean YOU get all up... up.. uppet.... defensive?
Thankyou,...a..err.. man.

you can call yourself gearslutz... i mean, well. if youre gay.

not that there is anything wrong with that....:p

I think when you've got GAS you got GAS. I cant tell you how many times my dad comes home with a new bass or guitar and says, "I'd never get rid of this one.." Three months later no sight of the rumblefish...the ric 403...the jazzmaster...

My name is Mike and I'm.....a gearslut! How do I know?

1. All the magazines in my bathroom are EQ, Tape Op, etc
2. I'm as happy to see a Recording magazine in the mail as my monthly Playboy
3. I spend more time reading about recording than actually recording
4. I spend more time buying gear, hooking it up and reading the instruction manual than actually using the gear
5. 1 spend more money buying gear than I do on needed dental/medical procedures
6. I have chosen to work past my planned early retirement - because if I do retire, I won't be able to afford as much gear.
7. I enjoy playing with effects processors more than having sex.......well, OK maybe I got a little carried away with this last one:D

Hey Mike,..man...I could've written this, almost verbatim!!!...except for the sss..ss..ss..sex part.

I'd say it's a frame of mind.... You're a Gear Junkie whether you have gear or not. If you start drooling when you see shiny knobs and lots of buttons, you're a Gear Junkie.

But gear over sex...??? I can't go that far... Well, unless the gear somehow leads to more sex, but I think the two are diabolically opposed....

I think when you've got GAS you got GAS. I cant tell you how many times my dad comes home with a new bass or guitar and says, "I'd never get rid of this one.." Three months later no sight of the rumblefish...the ric 403...the jazzmaster...

Three months!!!???? It usually takes me 3 weeks or even three days sometimes. Thank the Lord for EBay. I usually end up making money on them too...which is why I buy used at the right price.

Back