What's your take on the Yamaha 01X? +++

92_

As I mentioned in another post I'm fortunate enough to get my wallet stacked in not to long so I've been browsing around to see what I might get.

Does anyone here use the Yamaha 01X?

What's it like?

Does it "talk" to Reason 3? I should be able to map out the midi fairly simple manually I guess, but does it hook up automaticly?

What's it like to use the Yamaha 01X alongside with other midi controllers? Such as a triggerfinger unit?

I'm also thinking about getting a Motif ES but I'm not sure about that just yet.
The Mlan interface is really impressing me. I know I would have to get the Mlan card as well to have it work with Motif ES...

How would all this cooperate? I'm thinking everything would be all groovy between the Yamaha 01X and the Motif. Seeing as they're both Mlan compatible.
Another thing I've been thinking about. If I get a 01X and then hook up my Motif as well. If I understand this correct both of these will act as controllers. Take the faders on the 01X for instance. They would be my primary faders, but what's gonna happen if I use the faders on the Motif as well? will they "cross-over" and mess with eachother/confuse my computer or will this be all groovy as well?

This was just the tip of the iceberg in terms of questions so if you have either of these modules feel free to drown me with info. The more the better.

-Nito

i have not used it, but that is sexy.

Attachments

• yamaha11.jpg
    yamaha11.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 44
It's god damn hot! That's what it is hehe

By the way: Anyone care to tell me the possibilites of loading up samples into the Motif ES? I've seen tutorial videos of how to produce with a Triton so I know it's not complicated with the Triton...but what's it like with the Motif?

-Nito

Back