What's wrong with my vocals?

The rapping added more content (good thing) to the song but I did not hear the bass (like before). Maybe try a little slower tempo?

Oh ok. I brought the bass down about 40% because it seemed to make a high frequency static noise at parts of the song for instance the chorus. But i can try turning it up to see what i get. The vocals arent too loud are they?

Crysiq. Yes, for me the vocals are a little loud in the mix, but the rap around 1.58 is about right.

I thought the vocal level was OK myself at :35. I thought the vox got buried later on in the song.

Nothing wrong with the voice, you sing pretty good.
I thought the vocal level was Ok. What doesn't convince me much is the drum sound, it's quite buried. Also you need something in the arrangement to bring the chorus out better. Something that makes the sun shine in that part, like distorted guitars or string pads or something. Not a bad song at all.

I'm not much of a rap fan, but this song has some good dance club elements to it. Your voice is pretty good during the rap, but the melody is a bit pinched - nasal sounding..... It should come from down lower in your core.

Nothing wrong with the voice, you sing pretty good.
I thought the vocal level was Ok. What doesn't convince me much is the drum sound, it's quite buried. Also you need something in the arrangement to bring the chorus out better. Something that makes the sun shine in that part, like distorted guitars or string pads or something. Not a bad song at all.

got buried? what do you mean? like got lower?

Yes, they sound a bit too low in some parts. The kit should be kicking me in the stomach.

Sounds good. This will be a very biased comment but I would love some deep heavy 5150-style highly distorted guitar&bass coming in there Linkin Park style since it kind of reminds me of their Hybrid Theory album.

Having listened to it again, my thoughts are:

There is nothing wrong with your vocals. The guitars however would sound great with heavy loud distortion in addition to a loud bass guitar in the parts where you're singing melodically. Be sure to make those contrasts and it would be a really good song in my ears.

Rap: background guitars with low treble (as it is now)
when you start singing: heavy loud guitars and bass guitar

Back