What's with the two dead wave files?

morindae

Everytime I record a track and transfer over to the pc, there are always two extra wave files that have nothing on them. Does anyone have any idea why this happens? Even If I just do one take, I still get them. :confused:

Theres's a second wave file created so that the UNDO function can operate, but this is deleted if you 'delete unused files'. Could this be it?

Naaa... If you are recording on 5/6 or 7/8 and treating it as one track (using only one input) you will get two tracks because these are stereo tracks. If you used both inputs you would have double the fun.

b

I never noticed it until lately. I upgraded to v1.05 and have been using extended mode. Not sure if this is related.

I have version 1.05 and am recording in normal mode. I can't recall ever getting it with the earlier version that I had. However, I wasn't as aware then as I am now. I think it's a bug because it just doesn't seem to have any purpose. But then, it wont be the first time I've missed a really obvious explanation for this kind of anomaly.

I'm on '98 and have been using a card reader, so I don't need wavemanager. However, I just bought another computer and will be downloading wavemanager. So we shall see what happens when I begin using my new computer.

Hello,

it´s NO good idea to access the MR-8 or via a card-reader directly ! You should always take the wavmanager. The reason is that you have to read and interpret the *.adl file. The MR-8 and the wavmanager do this automaticly.

To understand it better, try the following:

1. rewind and Rec at TR-1 count 1,2,3,4,5 ... for example 15 sec.

2. rewind and Rec at TR-1 speak a,b,c, ... for 3 sec.

3. rewind and play TR-1, you will hear something like a,b,c,d,e,f,7,8,9,10,11,12,13

4. if you look at your CF-card you will see 2 files for example MR0001.wav and MR0003.wav in one file is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.... in the other a,b,c,d,e ...

5. if you take the wavmanager you will get only one file, which sounds exactly like the MR-8 TR-1
a,b,c,d,e,f,7,8,9,10,11...

I hope you understand and use the wavmanager in the future.

Good recs.

Tom

Heinz, thanks a lot fo the tip man. I've been wondering about this for quite some time. It made doing punches a real problem because when I put the track into the computer it became a group of wave files instead of one wave file. So what I would do is bounce the punced track over to track5/6 and turn it into one wave file. It doesn't say anything in my manual about the wavemanager being a solution to this problem. In fact, the impression you get is that wavemanager is for people using usb only, which is definitely what I had thought. You have just solved something that has been bothering me since I got the machine. Thanks again. :)
Now I'm off to download the file.

Back