Whats up

crispycutz

Where is everyone....landed careers or sumthin???

lol....this board has slowed DOWN huh???

Is it the weather....? Cant mix in the cold and dark...

Dobro I know theres not a CE ? here but...

How is every1?

Really??

What it is a lot of us old cool edit users have moved onto other programs.

And those who haven't...

...have learned that nobody else has any answers either!

Adobe Audition does everything I need right now.

And Dobro's on vacation, lol.

More likely, it's just that the program is so user friendly, there's just not a lot to talk about once people get their soundcards figured out, lol. :D

That's right. Once you figure out the insane routing that ONLY applies to YOUR soundcard, you're done!

I'm back. Yeah, soundcards. Here's the position I'm in: I've got Audition 1.5, but can't use it cuz I'm running Win98 instead of XP. I'm not running XP yet, because my soundcard doesn't yet have a good driver for XP.

Soundcards... get 'em working and everything gets better. I'd like five bucks for every time somebody cropped up on this board complaining about Cool Edit and it turned out to be something else. (I include myself in that category.)

Know what ya mean...I now have converted to XP and 1.5 and my sound card will only record using MME drivers! Am I going forward or backward??

dobro said:
I'd like five bucks for every time somebody cropped up on this board complaining about Cool Edit and it turned out to be something else. (I include myself in that category.)
Lol...I've done it too. Remember that nightmare I went through when I got a new computer? Holy hell. I posted all over the internet until one guy finally told me to just untick every fucking tick box in the program one at a time until it worked. THAT WORKED. I live in fear of this "new" computer of mine crashing at some point and me having to figure it out again, hehehee. I will never buy another computer or soundcard. Yup, I'm going for "vintage" digital recordings from now on.

I know what you mean. I went nuts trying to get Adobe Audition to record more than 2 tracks at once until my son-in-law, who knows NOTHING about music, but a LOT about computers, came over and started un-ticking boxes...

...took about an hour and a half to get to 8-channel record/playback.

Back