What's up with this mix?

imagineaudio

I was wondering if I could get some feedback as to what is right with this mix.

You're welcome to tell me what sucks, or what sounds you're not diggin' so long as you could also mention something that you feel is right with the mix.

Thanks to all

The Watcher

Last edited:
hey man its a nice mix, everything seems to sit well
personally i would bring up the kick a little and maybe add a little eq at about 100hz just to beef it up a bit.

i think the acoustic guitar in the intro sounds a bit dry, maybe add a little reverb?

also from a production point of view i think the drum fill in the intro would be better with just the first acoustic and electric guitar, the second acoustic that comes in seems a little obtrusive and sudden perhaps? I would bring it in after the fill.

Good mix though, these are just my opinions:)

The Verse mix sounds great. I can hear everything perfectly and distinguish between all the instruments very well.

When the chorus kicks in I loose the vocs a little. Maybe tryan +.5 boost or something...

My 2 cents
Nice tune..

SD

Great mix! Sounds really good.
Only a couple nit picks. I could use a just a hair more kick on places.
IN the chorus the violin (or what ever it is) is masking the vocals pretty bad in places. I think the vocal mix sounds right to me but I would do something with the strings, be it volume or eq.

The cybals sound great to me! Wish I could get that sound;)

The arrangement of the song is ver cool.

Ok last nit. The flange pan thing is a bit much for the song to me. If it was milder it would sound better to me.

Cool song.

F.S.

I just had a quick listen, but the only thing I can think of that might not be quite right are the vocals and the bass. I think maybe they are sitting slightly to far back in the the mix. I think if you could maybe just notch up the vocals and bass it would be absolutely perfect.

But it's still really really good!!

Overall a good sounding mix.

I listened in headphones--

There seems to be some slight 'mudiness' in the low end somewhere. I think maybe the acoustic has too much lows--in theory, acoustics that are mixed with other instruments usually need some low end roll-off. It could help clean up the some of the lows in the overall mix.

All of the instruments (and vox) sound well recorded. Good job.

Back