Whats those xxx kbps ?

Log

Well I'm working on audio editing and found those things ( Which I never bother with before ).
Above 128 is TRANSPARENT AUDIO. And 128 is good quality, below gives a mess of sound. Well, here's my question? Can someone tell me what those are.

Oh yea, whats Transparent Audio? Does that help in any ways of audio editing such as vocal removal ( which you can remove better and can trace the original sources ). Coz' I'm working on vocal removal I'm half success [ yea the music is gone ] but I wanna see if the xxx kbps helps.
Thanks! I think this is quite a stupid question >_<

I think he's asking about bit rates.
If so, you definately do not want to go lower than 128k. 160 is my personal choice.

???transparent audio??? :confused:

192 - definitely. It's a slight bit bigger, but I can hear a huge, huge difference between 128 and 192. 128 usually ends up pissing me off with swirly highs and digital poo-poo (depends on the codec, I guess).

..not sure if you're talking to me or Log. If you're talking to me, I'm referring to taking a WAV mixdown and converting it to MP3 for sending to people. I've got a couple of encoders that I use that use different codecs (compression algorythms). Some work better than others.

Even some of the stuff I've heard on the MP3 mixing clinic would be so much nicer if it was converted at 192. It's hard to give a good mix critique when you hear swirly-swishy highs.

My guess (that's guess) is that "transparent audio" is referring to the empty audio space that's taken up by WAV files or other uncompressed audio formats. Part of what MP3 compression does is to take out frequencies that are either empty or inaudible.

I'd be amazed if any multi-track software used a lossy format like MP3 except for exporting mixdowns. I've never heard of any, anyway.

Back