What's the problem?

Jpwikid

Ok, here's what we got. 2 of us play all the instruments, he uses a Roland VS2480 and I use a Roland VS2000 to do all of our recording. If anyone would like to know the gear or recording techniques just ask and we'll gladly fill in the details if it will help our sound. We did a cover version of the Beatles "Come Together" which we believe to be our best "mixing" project to date. The problem is we're unhappy with the overall sound of the song. What we're looking for is some input on what we need to do to give this song that "polished professional" sound. We're not that concerned with what anyone thinks of the arrangement or our musicianship. What has been an ongoing issue is the overall production. What's missing? What needs to be added? Why aren't the guitars big enough? Are the drums too thin? Vocals? Questions like that. We're open to any suggestions and any ideas. If anyone would like to take a shot at mixing it for us, that would be great also.We could send any or all tracks in .wav form. We're willing to try anything to improve our sound. Here's the song in mp3 format.... http://pykor.com/ Press the play button under "Come Together" ....Thanx to anyone and all for your input

Ok, I am by no means an expert, but my first thought is, where's the bass? I hear it lightly in the background if I really concentrate, but I would prefer much more for a more full rounded overall sound. The vocals kind of sit on top of everything in a way that makes them too separated from the backing instruments. In fact, there seems to be an overall lack of cohesion in some way. It's not bad by any means, so please don't take this the wrong way. I think you have some good tracks to work with, it just lacks some oomph.

I am listening on pc speakers w/ sub, so a huge grain of salt is required here. Just thought I'd try to get the conversation started...:)

Ok, I am by no means an expert, but my first thought is, where's the bass? I hear it lightly in the background if I really concentrate, but I would prefer much more for a more full rounded overall sound. The vocals kind of sit on top of everything in a way that makes them too separated from the backing instruments. In fact, there seems to be an overall lack of cohesion in some way. It's not bad by any means, so please don't take this the wrong way. I think you have some good tracks to work with, it just lacks some oomph.

I am listening on pc speakers w/ sub, so a huge grain of salt is required here. Just thought I'd try to get the conversation started...:)

Agreed on the oomph aspect....Seems to be lacking that crisp punchy sound to us...I'm thinking your speakers may be the problem with the where's the bass comment, because when we add more it just gets muddy...Maybe it's a frequency issue...Again, we're looking for any constructive criticism so no offense taken in any way....We believe we have decent tracks we just need some one to bring them to life for us....Ythanx:confused:

Back