What's The First Equipment You Recorded With?

man you guys had it great! I started out with one, then eventually 2 ghetto blasters, with built in mics. would record one guitar; then play the ghetto blaster on full volume while playing along with it into the other one set to record.

First recording was on portable cassette.

Later got a TEAC four track reel to reel. It had simulsync. It's heavy as a motherfucker. I still have it. I bought it at Berry Bros. Music in COuncil Bluffs IA. I understand that Jeanie Berry was possibly married to Chuck Berry. I don't know if that is bs or not. Anyways this was the original recorder for a studio that they had there. I don't know if Chuck Berry ever recorded on this machine or what the deal is with that. I believe that they were divorced at that point. Anyways, that's the machine I learned on and it has the remote box that plugs into the back so that you can get away from the sound of the recorder. I used to bounce it down to an AKai 2 track reel to reel that my brother got at some garage sale.

Dom Franco said:
I don't know the year of manufacture but it had to be late 1940's early 1950's.

My grade school teacher used it to record our 3rd grade play. "THE EMPORER'S NEW CLOTHES" I played a lead role as one of the taylors, and sang "INCH WORM".

Dom

Inch Worm, eh? Well I guess that's as good a song as any to sing to a guy standing there with no clothes on. I wonder if he has a complex now. :D

Beck said:
Inch Worm, eh? Well I guess that's as good a song as any to sing to a guy standing there with no clothes on. I wonder if he has a complex now. :D

Laughed coffee out of my nose and onto keyboard!!!

Back