what's the difference?

zumdiggidy

Iwas about to buy the C3000 for $199
but it's sold out! THey said the C3000B
is made now, which is 130 bucks more expensive.... What's the difference? Is this "B" still not as good as a Rode Nt-1?
or the Oktava ($279)??
help?!!!

will my recordings for vocals with such mics sound good if I don't have a soundtight booth?

I can only speak for the Rode NT-1. But you'd better have a really quiet place to record.
Or, be able to play really loud and use a pad on the pre-amp.

Check around.
You can still get the C3000 at plenty of other places for the same price of $199.00.
I got one, and it's a real nice mic.
The NT-1 is also a good one.
Shop around and compare.

It you get a Mic that is very sensitive...NT1,C3000 and the like and the place that you record is less than ideal as far as background noise you could minimize this with a vocal corner .Get yourself a changing screen..Those things that pepole use to change behind...hang some blankets on it to cut down on refections.Put it between you and the unwanted sounds.With your back to it [so the mic is aimed at the changingscreen]You can get rid of some of the background noise this way..experiment..you might still have to clean the holes on the track but at least you wont have the conversations from down the hall on your chourus..LOL...good luck

Back