what's the diff?

thanks for all the help guys. does one sound puncher than the other? does one growl better? is one more durable? etc.

i love how he asked a simple question..yet nobody answered him, instead just gave him bs answers. anywho, i'm not positive as to the sound difference, i've played both and enjoyed both sounds. i suggest either google it and check out specs of cabs and whatnot to see

ZoSo58LP said:
i love how he asked a simple question..yet nobody answered him, instead just gave him bs answers. anywho, i'm not positive as to the sound difference, i've played both and enjoyed both sounds. i suggest either google it and check out specs of cabs and whatnot to see

Don't you know? That's the standard response when no one has a clue. We're waiting on someone that actually knows to chime in. I have played thru a Hartke bass rig that had the aluminum cone speakers and I have to say that I hated it very much. It sounded tinny and thin no matter how I set the controls to the amp, which was also Hartke. That is my only experience with aluminum cone speakers and I can't condemn all aluminum cone speakers over one bad experience.

jasgav said:
thanks for all the help guys. does one sound puncher than the other? does one growl better? is one more durable? etc.

I don't think anyone has helped you at all so far. No need to be so polite. Tell us to shove it in our asses. :D

BOING ok here's my 2 pence

I've been using hartke for years now with the aliminium cones & it rocks far more than paper because it's almost impossible to distort.............for my purposes it's perfect because I like to slap & pull a fair bit & it's clean & loud enough to handle it & the sound is anything but thin.................I would suggest a problem with the bass in question because the EQ section combined with the speaker (2x10 XL) has just about rumbled me over my cliff

So if you want to sound like Jack Bruce when you're cranked up go for the paper cones, if you want to sound like a funking pro get aliminium, if you want that & still want the Jack Bruce growl get a bass fx unit or an overdrive pedal

when I checked out the Hartke I tried a trace elliot & it sucked & a Marshall thingumajig & it sucked to the Hartke made them all look like tranny radio sets

So in conclusion to my post of 1st hand experience get aliminium cones as a workhorse rig & when one can afford it start getting different cabs for experiment's sake

Alumabass do a metal coned speaker as well although I've never tried it, & the best paper cone I ever tried was in an EBS combo with a Musicman Stingray

Back