whats the damage?

Listening to Yesterday on phones right now, sounds great. Guitar, vocals, drums, I dig the sound on all of it.

Some of the highs get kind of overwhelming after a while, but the tone on everything is very pleasant otherwise, and it fits together just fine.

Great song and performances.

Sounds nice. Great song. Nice arrangement.

Love the synths. I'd love to put some of that kind of thing on my tunes but I'm not that creative.

Is this your voice? Outstanding! !

The highs do seemed a bit hyped but it's not that bad.

Drums. Live or Samples? If they're samples, they're great.

Nice work all around.

Very well done. As far as the high end goes, the characteristics of it sound like pre-compression eq clipping. And in all honesty, the recording sounds analog. If it wasn't recorded to tape it sounds like it was run to tape before the final master. I definately hear some analog saturation here somewhere. If it was at least partially analog, some of the high end anomolies we're hearing may have come from the levels on the tape machine being pushed a tad too hard. Either that, or the mix was already a tad clippy and the mp3 conversion just made it stand out more. I LOVE the music though. Think I'm crazy or not, I swear I hear a cross between the Proclaimers and Yes. lol

the kid

P.S. Please give me some insight on the whole analog thing. Either tape, or tube compression or something. Something has GOT to be analog here. :confused:

Sounds very good. The highs don't bother me. I like that bit of analog sounding crunch on the vocals. I fake it with digital plugins from time to time. Nice work!

No tape at all involved! I tracked with an echo layla, behringer ultragain, two tube mp's..rode nt2, apex 190's stereo pair pencil condensors, and some 57's.
I think what makes it actually sound analog was I had a PSP mixsaturator on the mix bus (sounds crazy) I LOVE PSP plugins. I didn't EQ that much..but if I were to remix it, i'd definately EQ less. I use waves renassaince eq. Im working on another album with some assistance of a producer out of Toronto, Canada...but i'm still gonna record the project here at home so im looking on upgrading my gear just a bit (what do you think my next upgrade should be?) i'm the biggest cheap budget bastard you guys will ever know! :) I played to a click and ghost guitar for those songs.

Back