What's the cakewalk equivalent to setting mixer MID dB?

gewaar

Hi,

This is probably incredibly obvious to some but ...

Sometimes when I record (6 channel Pevey) I turn the "MID (dB)" knob to 3, and the "LOW (dB)" knob to 3. Those are the 3rd and 4th knobs from the top - you have GAIN, HI (dB), and then my two.

If I want to keep them at 0, and achieve the same effect afterward by using Cakewalk Music Creator, what do I do? There are a lot of effects, gain and compression and so forth, but I don't know what would correspond to just those 2 actions and nothing more.

Thanks!
Rozanne

I'm pretty sure those are eq knobs you are dealing with on your board. So, in Cakewalk, you would adjust the eq effect on each track to get the same effect as turning the knobs on the board. Judging the exact frequencies will take some experimenting, though. The knob on the board that is labeled "LOW", clearly it's adjusting a range of low frequencies, but it doesn't tell you how wide a range, or where the middle of the range is. Same with the MID and HI knobs. Maybe the manual that came with the board will tell you some specifics. Then you can better determine exactly how the knobs on the board work, and then therefore how to adjust the eq in Cakewalk.

Back