What's the best way to transfer my tracks to cd?

Rich b

Hi there,
until now I have been recording my finished tracks from my vs 880xpanded into soundforge, and then burning them in nero. This obviously isnt the best way. The signal I my use into soundforge has to be very low and therefore the recording comes with big fat hissing!..great (not).

So could anyone help me?? surely I could use the scsi conection or even the digital out but into what external device?

I would be very grateful for any help.
many thanks guys
Rich.

If you are using a decent soundcard (not a standard computer on-board soundcard), your transfer should not be hissy. A $100 Emu404 or M-Audio Audiophile or Echo Mia will give you good quiet recordings.

If I'm reading this right, you could hook up a Plextor SCSI cd burner to it:
http://www.ps139.com/vs880ex/pages/FAQs.html#B1

What type of digital out is on the unit? If it's S/PDIF, again you could transfer via that to a computer soundcard with S/PDIF ports (Echo Mia is excellent) with total digital quietness....

Thanks Tim

Thanks for your advice. So if I had echo mia for example, the process would be the same as using soundforge? e.g master out (left & right) going into the mia inputs, then recording onto the mia console and after burning as normal? or the same but using digital ports.
Cheers!
Rich

Rich b said:
Thanks for your advice. So if I had echo mia for example, the process would be the same as using soundforge? e.g master out (left & right) going into the mia inputs, then recording onto the mia console and after burning as normal? or the same but using digital ports.
Cheers!
Rich

this really hasn't got a lot to do with what you're asking other than to mention that you can burn directly to disc from Sound Forge (atleast the feature is available in 6.0). You could avoid a step or two there.

regards,
tulsa ;)

Back