Whats Monitors Should I Get??

P Stew

arright, Christmas is coming up and i want to improve my quality, i already have a Shure KSM 27 and Emu 1820 and a Booth..so my quality is pretty good. i just want to take it the next level with some nice monitors. I record mostly Hip Hop Vocals so i'd appreciate it if someone could get back to me an list some good ones to pick from...thank you

For H/H I recommend that you move your entire rig to the back seat of a '77 Caprice. If it sounds good there, you know it will play anywhere.

chazba

My buddy does hip hop stuff, he uses KRK Rokit 8's, seems to like them. I use Dynaudio BM5a's and I like them for rock and such (no booming hit you in the chest low end)

The ONLY monitors that will work for that particular setup is Yamaha ns-10m Studio's. Those are not easy to find though because they are a studio standard, and every studio in the world has a pair.

But today is your lucky day, because I'll sell you mine for cheap! $600, FREE SHIPPING, WOWWWW!!!!!

ez_willis said:
The ONLY monitors that will work for that particular setup is Yamaha ns-10m Studio's. Those are not easy to find though because they are a studio standard, and every studio in the world has a pair.

But today is your lucky day, because I'll sell you mine for cheap! $600, FREE SHIPPING, WOWWWW!!!!!

bwaahahahahaha

i suggest you go to your local recording shop and try a bunch of 'em out. that's the only way to tell. beware of getting a sub to get that BOOMING bass, because most of your listeners won't have a sub and therefore your mixes will lack low end.

P Stew said:
alright, so yall suggest the NS 10's??

what about the Wharfedale 8.2's?

Not just any ns-10's, MY ns-10's! They're fined tuned for hip-hop vocals recorded in under-ideal rooms. I'll throw in my HR Pufnstuff bobblehead for FREE!!! WOWWW!!!@@!!

ez_willis said:

your too kind. what a guy..wow..

ez_willis said:
Not just any ns-10's, MY ns-10's! They're fined tuned for hip-hop vocals recorded in under-ideal rooms. I'll throw in my HR Pufnstuff bobblehead for FREE!!! WOWWW!!!@@!!

damn dude buy it already...woww.

Back