What's an old Korg M1 worth lately?

Secret Clubhous

It has a metal body (not plastic) & 1 or 2 broken buttons easily fixed. Original factory sounds plus a CD of additional stuff along w/a program to load them. Definitely vintage.

I'm thinking of getting something like a little Yamaha DGX200, 202, 203, 205 etc. for more updated sounds.

Secret Clubhous said:
It has a metal body (not plastic) & 1 or 2 broken buttons easily fixed. Original factory sounds plus a CD of additional stuff along w/a program to load them. Definitely vintage.

I'm thinking of getting something like a little Yamaha DGX200, 202, 203, 205 etc. for more updated sounds.

Probably around $150-200. They're still great units though. I paid around ten times that new in 1990.

I'd like to find an original factory sounds ROM card for mine.

I'm looking into getting the Korg Legacy collection - which includes softsynth versions of the M1 and Wavestation + all expansion cards for around £120. Bargain.

No broken knobs to worry about. Just maybe a bit of latency/CPU hogging...

Hixmix-

Any special reason for wanting the original factory sounds ROM? You can re-load them VIA sysex if you need to. I have a copy if you need it.

Cool. It's been explained to me before how to do it that way, but once again, how do I do it?

Thanks.

It's pretty simple and free.

1)You will need a midi cable from your computer's MIDI OUT to the M1's MIDI IN.

2)Just download a free sysex utility like MIDIOX or any other like SendSX (on the web).

3)On the M1, go to the GLOBAL MODE and turn OFF the Memory Protect for INTERNAL. (leave Protect ON for CARD if you have a card inserted).

4)Send the Factory sysex to the M1 from the computer.

That's about it in general.

Email me for the sysex file or if you need more help.

Peace...Ron
z2xz2x AT Yahoo.com

ZZWave said:
1)You will need a midi cable from your computer's MIDI OUT to the M1's MIDI IN.

Thank you! But I think that's where I gave up last time. I don't use my computer for music or recording.

Does this mean I'll need to install a midi board in the computer so that I have a MIDI out? Is it possible to use the USB port and a MIDI adaptor cable(if there's such a thing)?

Second Option:

If you have a soundcard in your computer you can attach a midi interface cable to the joystick port. I've seen them on Ebay for $5-$12.

Peace....Ron

Back