What to replace my delta 1010 with?

Toker41

Better Than You
My Delta 1010 is PCI, and it's next to impossible to find a new MB that not only has PCI, but also a chipset that will support the 1010. So, since I need to build a new Windows machine, what is the best replacement for this audio card? Really would like to keep the 10 ins, or at least as many as I can get. I'm using a Mackie 24/8 buss mixer, and really can't spend the cash to upgrade to a digital board, so I'll be using this board and would like 1/4" in (as many as possible) on the card if possible. Suggestions?

Dont worry about staying pci.
Most interface manufacturers have moved out of the box to get them out of the horrible rfi interference inside computer cases.

usb2, firewire and thunderbolt work just fine and have low latencys nowadays.
If I were you I'd get a 16i/o usb2 interface.

try newegg. they have em.

BTW don't downgrade to a usb or firewire. they are prosumer interfaces. your tdif interface is a lot better as this is a professional i/o.

My Delta 1010 is PCI, and it's next to impossible to find a new MB that not only has PCI, but also a chipset that will support the 1010. So, since I need to build a new Windows machine, what is the best replacement for this audio card? Really would like to keep the 10 ins, or at least as many as I can get. I'm using a Mackie 24/8 buss mixer, and really can't spend the cash to upgrade to a digital board, so I'll be using this board and would like 1/4" in (as many as possible) on the card if possible. Suggestions?

Not sure why you are having trouble finding a desktop with PCI. Maybe I am missing something. Doesn't the 1010 have a lot of the same guts as the 192? I think the drivers are the same. I kind of like mine and am looking to stay PCI. And the performance is better than Firewire and USB, I am not sure of the noise, but I don't hear any in my setup (could be deaf).

Good luck finding a motherboard with a pci slot. Then you have to worry about a chipset that will support the 1010. The i7's also do not seem to play well with the 1010, from what I'm hearing. I believe that if you are planning on staying with PCI, you had better think about staying with the computer you are now using.

I sold my 1010 a few years back and there are surely a lot of new options out there...but the reality is the 1010 is a damn nice piece of hardware and as long as there are no software / hardware conflicts is something you might like to keep...rather than replace...

I did a quick Google and found THIS which is a pci-e to PCI adapter...seems I would get the desktop I wanted and buy the adapter and give it a try first before tossing out the 1010 for something else...

Just my thoughts on it...

I am waiting to see what gets released this next year in soundcards with usb 3.0 that should be damn entertaining and worth waiting for ...so far only one that I know of and IMO too much money for my pay scale and ability..

RME's MADIface XT is the world's first USB3 audio interface

I have only heard of one PCI to PIC-e converter that worked, but it didn't fit in the tower, so they had to mod it. The other problem that comes into play is finding a new chipset that supports the 1010. Also can not run the 1010 with an I7. It seems that the only real solution is to keep the "outdated" system I have, which maxes out at 2gigs of Ram. The other draw back is that XP is no longer supported, and next to impossible to update due to validation issues, which Microsoft is aware of, but do not seem to wish to correct.

I'm having the same problem, my xp machine is still going since 2007 with my 1010, I'm afraid when the day will come when it croaks. Let me know what you end up doing in the long run

cheers

Shaun

Back