What to do?????

DA GOAT

I am new to home recording(somewhat). Currently I'm using my computer a 667Mhz PIII, 196 PC133 SDRAM, with a 10GB Hard drive. I also have a Boss DR550 MkII Drum Machine. I am a rapper who makes beats. I want to buy a keyboard. I have $200 US to spend but I do not know what to get. Can someone give me some advice. Oh, right know I am looking at Yamaha's PSR260 along with PSR280 and PSR282.

Go the the equipment deals here and to synths for sale at www.harmonyckentral.com (I think that's right) and look for a good used model. You won't get much new for $200, so look around. A lot of people look to upgrade to the "newest thing" and sell off perfectly good gear.

I would save your money for now. $200 will not get you far in the keyboard/module world. Most of the stuff you'll end up getting rid of in the future. It is very wise to get gear that you can build upon rather than a whole bunch of cheap junk that you'll regret paying money for. With that said. For about $400, you can get a Korg Elecribe drum module. It works very similar to the Boss drum machine that you currently have and you probably won't regret this purchase later, like you probably would if you bought some cheap $200 crap.

I have seen countless friends go the cheap route, only to end up regretting their purchases latter and losing money, because they can't sell the junk for much money when they finally saw the light. Don't be another gear casualty.

Rev E

Back