What to do with this one ?

vestast

Gassy Member
I've been working on this tune and I have to admit that I'm not sure what to do next.

Should I try to get someone to write lyrics to it and sing it for me ?

Should I leave it as an instrumental ?

If so should I add a lead guitar or does it stand out on it's own.. ?

Not sure I like the bridge..

Keep in mind I'm not the best keyboard player, so please let me know if it stands up or not..

Anyway - no title to it yet...

Thanks again for taking the time to listen guys !

I definitely prefer instrumental songs over ones with vocals...but I'm weird like that. At the same time, I think this song does definitely need a little something extra. If you don't want to go the lyric route I think a lead guitar over the top of it would sound pretty good. I wouldn't even say it really needs a melody...maybe just a guitar improvised solo through the thing. Something that will blend in well so it sounds more like a jam band kind of thing. I like the song though. ESPECIALLY the bridge. I think that it's the best part of the song. Anyway...just try experimenting to see what you like. Bring different musicians in and just have them mess around on it. On the recording side...it really seems pretty muffled. Especially drums. Are the drums a loop or something you miced? I'd say definitely record them/mix them again. Bring them out in the mix so they are right in front of everything. Not really overbearing the other instruments, but just like in your face...panned wide...know what I mean?! lol, okay...good job and good luck.

Thanks bennychico11. The drums are from the discrete drums series. I'll definetly check out the mix again and try to work on the drum mix some more.

Funny that you like the bridge and I wasn't sure if it worked or not. That's exactly the type of info I was looking for.

Thanks for the kind words.

:)

Back