What the hey? Can't find the threads linking to stereo mic mounts

bubbagump

A while back folks were asking about mounts to use for stereo configs. Some one had posted a link to a compnay that makes mounts ideal for this. Anyone have that link? The search on this board pulled nothing. Does this board eat postes after so much time has passed?

I tried to find the thread and couldn't find it either. I posted some of the links in that thread along with Richard and a few few others... do you remember which holder you wanted?

I think it was called Samba or something like that. I want to be able to mount 2 LDs over over another for MS and I think this mount allowed that.

The links I posted were for mounting SDC mics... so, it must have been one of the other links... so I can't help you... sorry.

GoneinUS, that's them. But looking at them now, they look short. I am trying to do something like in the attachment.

Attachments

• M930_XY_120w.jpg
    M930_XY_120w.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 47
Thanks guys. Worse comes to worse, I can make one out of bar stock. Haven't busted out the oxygen torch in a while.

adjustable stereo mic mount

The Sabra Som mounts look like they'd be really worth the money. There is a version with four individual mounts and a longer bar, the ST4:

http://www.micsupply.com/standaccessories.htm?id=367 (scroll down)

scroll through the stand accessories to see other high-quality candidates. Check out the Bogen Stand fitting w/ 3/8>5/8 adapter for $15. Also the Atlas CO1B:

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--ATLC01B

With some 1/2" conduit, these could be used to make a fairly heavy-duty, very adjustable mic mount.

I tried to make my own adjustable stereo mount with some conduit hangers and a 3-foot length of aluminum tubing. It turned out more expensive than the small Sabra Som mount. That's the way projects go. You could save at least half the cost of mine, by forgoing a few things like the 85 cent thumb screws and the $5 aluminum tube and and maybe some other things, depending upon your application. The conduit hangers are 50 cents, and the podium mic mounts are $3. It's not really sturdy enough for heavy mics more than a few inches from the center. That's the way projects go.

1082497934826_standparts2.jpg

1084722628694_standparts1.jpg

1085659224361_stand1.jpg

(anyone know how to attach images?)

Back