What the hell is this?

Absolutepower

TC Electronic Reverb 6000 MKII Mainframe with TC ICON Remote | VintageKing.com

I see you can pick up this reverb unit for the low low price of 14k. I this what pro studios use? Has anyone heard one of these and how could it possibly be worth it? This makes the lexicon reverb look like a bottom of the barrel poor man's version of a reverb, when I thought that was one of the best ones.
I wonder how this compares to the free download/built in DAW reverb crap that most of us use.

Looks like a very "upscale" UAD card with a dedicated remote/cpu/display, but very cool... mind you.

You buy the mainframe and remote with basic effects and then purchase licenses for any additional effects you may want

The Reverb 6000 is a killer reverb unit common in high end studios. It's very powerful and versatile, esp when mixing on an analog desk. That being said.. it's often called 'The Poor Man's 960', referring to Lexicon's 960L flagship reverb processor, which makes the System 6000 look tiny in comparison. The 960L sold for upwards of $20k with the LARC remote, which makes the $14k price tag of the 6000 look a bit more reasonable...

TC Electronics sells a few versions of System 6000 still, one for reverbs mostly and one to handle mastering tasks. They also sell some add-on plugins too I think.

Good stuff and wonderful to use, though a touch outside of my budget...

An other unit right up there with the TC is the Eventide H8000, probably heard on every number one hit in the last decade and comes in at $4000 dollars. then there is it's little brother eventide eclipse that comes in at $2000. ;)

20k for a reverb processor:eek::eek::eek:
Holy smokes!
And we wonder why we're not getting the same results as the pros with poor plate!

I heard a new lady gaga song at the gym yesterday, and it had some pretty insane sounding reverb. It really sounded amazing, I bet it was created by one of those units.

This is an example of a sad truth about high end gear. The incremental differences get smaller and the cost increases get bigger as you go up the scale.

Back