What the...can't hear metronome in Sonar 3??

lynx

I just know it's something quite painfully obvious that I can't see...

I can't hear the metronome in any fashion, play or record. I've tried nearly all settings on the meteronome to no avail.

Anyone else?

Double-click on the speaker icon in the lower right hand side of the screen and make sure that your MIDI volume is turned up and that it isn't MUTED.

Can you play other midi tracks in Sonar?

:) Q.

That's true... Cakewalk always use MIDI as the metronome, unless you use audio track to sequence "metronome like" wave to guide the beat. You must have at least one MIDI device listed in the Options --> MIDI device to use MIDI metronome (and off course you have the device actively). IOW, you can't use DXi...

;)
Jaymz

This is sad, Sonar reaches version 3 but still without an inbuilt metronome? THEY ARE TAKING THE PISS. Surely?

Yeah, I know... but I fail to see the problem, really. Most "high-end users" of a "high-end" program have external MIDI sources. ;)

Thanks guys.

OK, here's the deal, I fooled with MIDI a couple of years ago when I had Cakewalk. I didn't like it and decided to play everything live. Now, even though Sonar recognizes my MIDI devices I can't seem to play or record anything MIDI. Is there anyway to get the metronome to play without using MIDI? This is a pain...

What's your soundcard, lynx ? :)

You can download the groove clip moskus attach on post above (audio file) and "sequence" them to act like metronome... there ou go... metronome without MIDI in Cakewalk... :)

;)
Jaymz

It's a Creative SB Live. It's weird, when the metronome is on I can hear it very, very faintly, like MIDI is muted somewhere...but as far as I know it's not.

Anyways, I'll try and figure out how to sequence that groove clip.

Go to your "Windows mixer" (double click yellow speaker icon near taskbar), and make sure something labeled "Synth" or "Internal MIDI" is not muted. Raise the volume level as necessary. I never had any metronome problem using Soundfonts with SBLive! :)

;)
Jaymz

I don't know what the hell..., I got the Creative console replacing this icon, and MIDI is not muted.

Don't want to be a pain here, I figured out how to sequence the groove clip, how do I stretch it to alter the tempo?

My whole night is riding on it :)

Back