What tapes for a 424MKIII

m98ter

Anyone have a reccomendation for blank tapes to use with the 424? I'm assuming there has to be something higher quality than my best buy tapes I used to to use with my old porta01. Also, I'm looking to buy a standalone cd recorder to make the masters, and was wondering what some of you might reccomend. I'm looking at consumer models right now (I found a cheap $!99 KLH at best buy). Honestly, I'm not after anything too high tech...I just like to make recordings of my songs for friends to pass around. Thanks.

TDK SA60's should yield you good, reliable results and they're still relatively easy to find and purchase almost everywhere tapes are sold.

About the CD-R deck, I use a Pioneer, myself but, I'm dealing with a slightly nicer 16 track, one inch, reel to reel to master from so, that bargain you found might just do the trick if your not too fussy about A-D converters and long term reliability.

Cheers! :)

Why not master onto your computer and burn CDs from it? You could also touch up the sound a little and have precision control over the edits, intros and whatknot. CD burners for the computer are cheaper than stand-alone units.

Believe me, If I had a computer to master to that would be the route that I would be taking. Really wish I could afford to pick one up, but I can't drop the cash to buy one at the moment. I know i'm proabably the minority but I'd rather spend a couple hundred bucks here and there for cool audio stuff to play with rather than do what I should and save up for one.....oh well. Thanks for the tape advice though.

Back