what soundcards do you all use???

PRiZ

I'm curious what those who focus on hiphop use...?
I'm thinking the delta 1010, but I still feel I'm getting more I/O's than I need...? I'm doing my beats like the guy posted with his computer as a beat machine...
I was wondering if the Aardvark LX6, would be all I need, and save some money, is the quality of the Lx6's converters much worse/better etc...???

Thanks!

I couldn't tell you if the A/D converters are better, but I use the Delta 1010. Good sound, and I specifically wanted the 8 ins & outs. Back when I bought it, my motivatioin was to be able to track beats I made for people @ home instead of taking my equip to a studio to seperate the sounds for them. If you do a lot of beats for people, it saves a lot of time.

So, I would say in your decision on a soundcard, think ahead....I wanted a card that I would be able to incorporate into my studio when I got to the point of tracking music and vocals on my set up.

B]Like eclips1 said...."Think ahead".[/B] B]Like eclips1 said...."Think ahead".[/B]

Sooner than later you will need at least 8 IN/OUTS.

But....

To answer the question that was posted.

I have:

Tascam 822PCI soundcard - 8 IN/OUT TDIF, 2 SPDIF ,
2 MIDI IN/OUT

Delta 66 soundcard 4 ANALOGUE IN/OUT, 1 SPDIF

and a

Sound Blaster sound card

spin

Thanks...

I was aware I needed 8-in's 8-out's... but I was thinkin I might not really if I was doing it like he guy a few posts said, on the post that asked if anyone used their computer as a beat machine and everything, that's what I'm doing...so I figured mayby 8-ins/outs might be a little bit more than I would need. On a soundcard like the delta, is that what I'm mainly paying for is the ins and outs...? Don't get me wrong, I've been looking for a soundcard for three months atleast, and I know what I need I think, I was just checking because the delta 1010 is expensive, more so than the LX6 by aardvark which might be better for me.

after reading this I'm sure you'll have some advice for me...

....also

do you all do hiphop,?
I was reading back on this site and the Lx6's converters are bad..
So I think I'm still priority with the delta 1010, if you have any advice, plese?

Then get the 1010

Any way you look at it there will be ups and downs.....its your decision to make. I think the 1010 is a good card though, and priced reasonably. I was debating between delta or motu when I got mine, and for the money, the delta seemed to be better.

Plus, my Delta 1010 did stop working once, I just called Midiman, shipped it to them and 2 weeks later I had it back working good as new, with no charge or hassle.

yeah...

two weeks wasted on someone who only backed out of the deal wanting to keep the delta 1010. :(

I'm just wondering, because I have a feeling I don't need all the I/O's but I'm gonna look at a friends setup that I havn't seen and mayby get a better idea of sound quality.

The delta just always seems like a card for multitraking or recording multiple instruments at once, when really I'm not going to be doing that, I think I'm mainly getting it for it's converters...which apparently have great results from the responses on this lab. I don't know, I'm having doughts about it.

I want to know what other studio hiphop producers down to vocals get away with using. I'm not planning on getting any external hardware, there's only a small chance...

...?

there's gotta be more out there that do hiphop, whatsoundcards do you all use if you havn't lready said...? I'd really like to know.
thanks!

mate i'm having the same problem

I'm also doin hip-hop and all i need the sound card for is for the sound quality and an output for my 8 track, but all the cards that are recomended are those thats have multiple inputs and outputs!
i'ld be interested to know whether u have found the answer to your question

I'm more into ambient stuff and Trip Hop but I guess I'll join in here. I use the M-Audio Audiophile 2496. I run my Mackie 1202 mixer into the card and then out from it to my monitors. I read up a while ago on cards and came to the conclusion that the Audiophile would have the best sound and good latency and it definitely suits my needs. The quality is definitely what I was most impressed by though it doesn't have 8 in/outs which I gather may be a concern for you. For me its beyond adequate. Hope that helps some.

Laj

Re: yeah...

PRiZ said:
.... I want to know what other studio hiphop producers down to vocals get away with using. I'm not planning on getting any external hardware, there's only a small chance...
I was at XELF's studio. He was using an external Manley unit. It totally made the vocals sound GREAT.

You should post him, to see where he purchased the piece, and how much it cost.

;)

I still use a Lexicon CORE 2 soundcard. The sound quality is EXCELLENT but the customer support for it is extinct. I'll be getting a new soundcard soon, and I'm staying the hell away from the whole midiman/m-audio stuff.

Go with the Delta 66

This is an excellent soundcard and for doing Hip-Hop it has sufficient inputs, if too much input on the Delta 1010 is the problem then go with the Omni (I think that's what it is) this gives you better flexibility than the 1010 with less inputs but more than the 66 and from what I have heard it has some good mic pre's

Diddy, you do what I sometime do OVER ANALYZE!!! Yes you are spending hard earn money but if the decision is keeping you up at night damn just buy the one you want....

Can anybody here honestly hear the difference between the converters in the delta series and the 1010 ? I haven't A/B'd them but my friend has a 1010 and I when I laid down a bass track and guitar track for him, my instruments sounded exactly as they did when I record them with my delta 44.

I really like my Delta BTW.

Cheers,

pAo

Back