What software to use with MR8 for mixing & adding drums and things

matt99

Just wondering what everyone recommends for mixing down a song. How do you import the wav file into the software programme. I downloaded the MR8 wav manager but not quite sure how to use it right.

Has anyone tried Fruity Loops for importing MR8 wav files. I tried but couldn't do it. Someone said Cubasis would be the best starting point, but can you add drums on there and other sounds.

I'm not very technical, so very much learning as i go along.
thanks for any input.

It doesn't have a drum machine, but a lot of folks use n-track (www.fasoft.com) in conjunction with the MR-8. It is cheaper than almost anything else ($45). It is easy to use.

About transferring tracks to your pc from the MR-8. Here it is step by step (assuming you have the MR-8 hooked up to your pc via USB).
1. Put the MR-8 in USB mode.
2. Open the wavmanager. The song name/names should be in the proper box.
3. Check what track you want to transfer and where you want it transferred to.
4. Click import and it should transfer.
5. Afterwards exit USB mode on the MR-8, close wavmanager. I usually go to wherever I transferred the tracks to in my pc and rename them so I know what song they belong to. Just put whatever you want in front of tr01, tr02, etc.
6. You can then open them with whatever mixing or editing program you get.

Well, I tried this and can't seem to figure it out. What exactly did you do to the wav file before transferring it to the MR8 using wavmanager?

I use Power Tracks for mixdown. It handles up to 48 tracks.

I use Band In The Box (BIAB) software on PC to produce basic drum/bass/keys tracks.

Basic steps are:

1. Use BIAB to produce basic tracks
2. Save each instrument to a separate mono WAV
3. Load mono WAV into Power Tracks
4. Mix result to a single mono output WAV in Power Tracks
5. Move result to MR8 using WavManager
6. Record 1-7 additional live tracks on MR8
7. Move result back to PC using WavManager
8. Mix results in PowerTracks

I then iterate on steps 4-8 until I have all the total tracks I need and a final result that sound right.

Ed

Mr. Chemical said:
Well, I tried this and can't seem to figure it out. What exactly did you do to the wav file before transferring it to the MR8 using wavmanager?

If you renamed the file to something other than tr01, tr02, etc. you will have to change it back or it won't transfer.

Back