What should I get?

Ericv

I have a chance to buy a new Fostex MB8-HD or a Yamaha AW16G - (New Open box) I can't figure out which one to get and need some help. I like the fostex looks like its easy to use the 4 XLRs and the usb export to a computer. I like the ablity to record 8 tracks at once on the Yamaha the EQ and a total of 16 tracks. Most likely I would record on the DAW and then do all my Mixing using Adobe Aduation or something like that. So not having a USB is a bit of a draw back. So does anyone have experance with these units so I can lean one way or the other.

Thanks,
E

Another question if someone could anscwer this might help me. Can you upload all 8 tracks on the Fostex to your computer at once using the USB or do you have to go track by track?

Thanks,
E

I only have the MR-8, so I can't help you with that. I don't think any siab will let you download more than one track at a time to your pc, though.

With what little you have said here about what you are looking for, I would go with the Fostex. That way you can use the usb to transfer the tracks.

Back