What should I get if I only have been recording with a Guitar Hero Mic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alighieri

Yes, you read right ladies and gentlemen!

I have been recording with a Guitar Hero World Tour Mic. So far its been okay, but the problem with it is that in order to get a good enough sound I have to run the WAVE file through several filters. But thankfully, with some much hard work, and near suicide experiences with dealing with a client, in developing their website, I am near payment. A good amount of money is coming my way. Give or take about around $500 Dollars. So now I want to invest on some better equipment.

Here is my current set of equipment:

A Windows XP desktop computer with 3 gigs of RAM.
A Guitar Hero World Tour Mic, with stand. (Singers stand. Not Guitarist)
An acoustic guitar, and an electric acoustic guitar (courtesy of my cousin).
And three recording programs:
  1. Mixcraft Pro
  2. Audacity
  3. Adobe Auditions 3

So I am setting aside about $200 plus for an electric guitar combo pack
but the rest I will be using for equipment that I need. And that's were
your opinions come in.

:confused: What should I consider buying and what brand? :confused:

Before you buy anything, you should have a good read of the posts in this thread: https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=282550

Donig that will give you important clues on what's needed.

Then think about, to start off with:

1 a recording interface
2 a respectable mike

Then you need to think progressively about other equipment if you want to take this further. For example, the room you record in and the monitoring path are also critically important in getting high quality recordings.

Wtf????

Wow that really helped a lot.

NOT

Let me get this straight . . .

You come on this board, ask to be spoonfed a shopping list of brands and models that YOU need. Then, when a well respected member of the board directs you to INFORMATION that will help YOU make and INFORMED decision on what gear YOU need, you make a smart-ass sarcastic comment? There are a million threads on here that answer the EXACT SAME QUESTION you just asked. How do you show up and not even do any research for yourself? Next time you want an answer . . . . . be thankful that these people are here to give them to you. Many members here (not including myself) are working professionals in audio recording and give their advice and tips for FREE. If you check your attitude, your a lot more likely to get more help/advice. Oh, yeah, and do a little research on your own.

This will go well with the Guitar Hero mic:

41p1D26o2lL._AA400_.jpg

:p

To set the record straight

First of all, I have been doing research.

I came hear because I always get good recommendations.
Secondly, I did read the post, but like I said, it really didn't help. The reason why I said it the way I did, is because I basically meant it that way.

Tell me, what would you say if you asked someone a question, and they sent you to another place where they sent you to another place. Then after 12 HOURS of following everyone's links you end up with nothing but the same knowledge and even more questions. You would be pissed of too because you couldn't get a straight answer.

And lastly I don't own a Guitar Hero. The mike is not even mind. I am just borrowing the mike to record. And like the title of the thread says "What should I get..." if I've been only using a Guitar Hero mike.

And to end it, Mr. gecko zzed did help in another thread, with a refined question, a lot better then he did here. And you guys need to get a life if you guys are just posting stupid post like that, and if you think that my response was as stupid as yours then you need to think. I simply remarked to what he had said. Plus the thread needed attention so the best way of doing that was to say it in the form I did. Duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back