What' s going on?

POLease

I D/L the cool edit 2K demo and editted some drum wav. files. I saved them then I uninstalled C.E. 2k. The problem is now when
I try and play any/all of my wav. files I get
a screen saying my computer cannot find the program to run my wavs. Before I did all this CE stuff when I could click on a wav file it would open my windows media player. Now it says it can' t find it???? But when I open the WMP and go to open and select a wav it can play it. Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to fix it?

What's going on? Search me, but I did ask someone else, and the exchange went like this:

Me: What did the CEP2K download take with it when he uninstalled it? Is he going to have to
reinstall Windows? Reinstall Windows Media Player?

Him: It didn't take anything with it. It left something behind.

When you install CE it is registered as the default program for a number of audio files.
One of them is .wav. When the computer says it can't find the program associated with
the .wav file it is CE that it can't find.

You will have to manually change the association back. Re-installing WMP may change it
back but if not, go to the "Start" button. Select "Settings" then "Folder Options" and
Click on the "File Types" tab and click on "New Type" then enter wav into the
"Associated Extension" field and click on "New". You will then get a warning saying that
the file extension is already associated with something (probably CE). Then you can go
remove that entry and set up a new one using wav and associating the "Open" command
with WMP.

That's it, there may be an easier way but this is the way that I know will work.

Not sure, but it sounds like you need to re-associate your .wav files. Go to Exploring/Tools/Folder Options/File Types and find your .wav files and select the application to open them.

Good luck. Let me know if that works.

J.

Thanks dobro

-Jeff I did this: start/settings/folder options/file types/then removed whatever cool edit stuff that was in their/went to windows audio/video and changed the content type to wav. Now everything is OK.

Back