What Potholes?

queepy

aka Variaxman
A thing Im working on...still working on lyrics....or may be a instru mental.....I wanted to get a old school power trio type vibe with bass panned hard one side and guitar on the other...kinda like Trower/early grand funk/Sabbath....wondering how it sounds so far....

MP3 Player SoundClick

The heavy reverb on the drums kinda isolate them from the rest of the instruments. [not sure if I'm explaining that right] If it were me, I'd lower the drum reverb a little at the very beginning. Once the song picks up full steam later in the track the drums sound fine IMO.

Most everything is captured well. and I dig the idea. The bass doesn't seem to have much low end. Might be the distortion you're using is cutting it at some specific frequency.

Definitely needs vocals or some busy lead work more often (your one lead in it sounds good).

Sounds like it could be a really good song, but concur that it's crying out for some bluesy Sabbath/Deep Purple/Mountain kind of singing. Right now it's a little plodding (mostly quarter-notes with a heavy beat) - but I can see a wild vocal line making this a killer track. The guitar solo you have is excellent. No real comments about the mix, except that the instruments don't sound like they were recorded at once, in the same room, which is part of that 70's heavy vibe you were going for. Maybe set up a room-type reverb, and give everyone a send to it?

Back