What OS?

B1&B2

My Delta66 won't work properly with XP and VST (it MUST be a DirectX8 issue, I've tried everything else) - so I've decided to go back to a dual boot system with VST and DirectX7 (I had my Delta working fine today with 98 on a borrowed drive).

My question is ...which operating system?

I previously used a dual boot 98Lite setup - which worked well, but I've noticed lots of people are using VST & 2000.

Pros / cons anyone?
Any Delta/2000 issues to be worried about?

Athlon 1800 XP
MSI K7T266 Pro2RU (Via KT266A chipset)
Delta 66
SBLive 5.1
512 DDR

what drivers were you trying to use? and what version of XP? xpPro or Xphome

i have a delta 1010 working perfect under XPPro using the 5.10.00.0026 drivers

-

XP Pro.
I tried all the driver versions (all the ones that were on the M-Audio site). I tried Windows 2000 today too - same result as XP, still got popping and clicks (does that mean it's not a Direct X problem?).

Haven't heard of anyone else with this problem... I guess I'll just put up with it for now (I've installed dual boot 98/XP) - and wait and see if any future Delta/Via drivers will fix it.

Very frustrating not knowing what's causing this problem!

I had to disable all power management options with WinXP Home to get it to behave correctly. Pain in the butt, since it decided it had to reload all of the drivers. Its works great now, though.

Chris

all you have to do is adjust your memory and buffers, you won;t get any clicks. i have mine set low because my computer can handle it, and i have a latency of 3-2ms at 24/44 , 2ms at 24/48 and 1ms at 24/96

-

Thanks for the advice... but I've tried everything - believe me. Already tried disabling power management, and adjusting the Delta buffers too.

The "problem sound" is actually more ripping than clicking, and it only happens when I use key commands to bring up VST panels, or when I move the panels around rapidly with the mouse.
Doesn't happen in any other application except VST.
It's not the graphics card cause I've already tried a few card/driver combinations.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone is getting sick of Delta/XP/Via sob stories, I know I am. So I'll just sick with 98 Lite for now - it's fkn fast with my new Athlon anyway :)

Back