>>What Order should i hook everything up?

rll882000

Hey, i'm new to bbs and i find this website very helpful thanks to all those who have already helped me.

Baiscally right now i am :confused:

Anyway i recently bought an ART TPS II MIc preamp, an ART 31 band EQ, a Behringer Eurorack 12 channel mixer, and a Behringer Headphone preamp, and i was wondering in what order to hook everything up in. I am currently using a Lexicon Omega interface wiht cubase LE.
Should i hook it up in:

!.) the Preamp
2.) the EQ
3.) directly into the interface

and use the mixer for applications with the monitor speakers or should i use the mixer wiht the preamp and the eq
also im thinking of buying a Compressor at some point, where would that be hooked up.
thanks in advance for any of your help

rll882000 said:
Hey, i'm new to bbs and i find this website very helpful thanks to all those who have already helped me.

Baiscally right now i am :confused:

Anyway i recently bought an ART TPS II MIc preamp, an ART 31 band EQ, a Behringer Eurorack 12 channel mixer, and a Behringer Headphone preamp, and i was wondering in what order to hook everything up in. I am currently using a Lexicon Omega interface wiht cubase LE.
Should i hook it up in:

!.) the Preamp
2.) the EQ
3.) directly into the interface

and use the mixer for applications with the monitor speakers or should i use the mixer wiht the preamp and the eq
also im thinking of buying a Compressor at some point, where would that be hooked up.
thanks in advance for any of your help

If it was me, I'd plug your instrument or mic into the pre amp, and then plug that into a channel on your mixer. The eq, compressor, or any other effect I would run into the aux inputs on the pre side. As far as the eq, doesn't your mixer have a built-in eq? You may not need it if you run everything through your mixer. I don't run effects in my signal chain, and I am just going off what the manual for my mixer stated, so I am sure that there are other ways to do it. I would just run the pre amp to the mixer and see what you can do with that.

As far as monitoring goes, most mixers have either a "monitor out" or control room (C/R) out and you can plug your monitors in there. If you have active monitors, you will need to have them on their power supply. Most of these outs are 1/4" jacks, and there is no phantom power or anything routed to them.

That's the best I can do. I know that someone with a bit more experience can help you out. I've only been using my mixer for a month or two, and I am still getting used to it.

Back