What Once Where Lemmings...(Are Now All Bones)

stratmonkee

Decided to put some images to this song I recorded a while back. Inspired by early Black Sabbath/Ozzy, tried to lay down a nasally vocal track.

I like the neverending 'This is so much fun' thumb scroll lol. Okay, the solo guitar sort of gets lost in all the distortion. Here's another thing: the spoken portion is the most effective part for me, sonically and lyrically, because it stands out. Finally, I like the tune and think it's a successful experiment - it worked. The irony is how you used a known genre for a song about brainwashing lol.

ps Good video. How much time did it take to find/edit the bits relative to the audio track?

Decided to put some images to this song I recorded a while back. Inspired by early Black Sabbath/Ozzy, tried to lay down a nasally vocal track.

Great Song - moves in a lot of directions - I don't particularly care for the spoken work part - but it works - the distorted guitars are interesting - one is metal and the other is kind of classic rock - and it works again - pretty neat.

It is quite Ozzy/Sabbath. Vocals could be louder. I don't get the Sting reference. I like the guitar tones. Visuals reminded me of Squid Game. Good jam

My mind of jam....I approve. For the total Sabbath package though I'd have added more thwack to the drums and added more variation to the bass line instead of strictly copying the riffs. I like the guitar under the spoken word part.

Last edited:
I like the neverending 'This is so much fun' thumb scroll lol. Okay, the solo guitar sort of gets lost in all the distortion. Here's another thing: the spoken portion is the most effective part for me, sonically and lyrically, because it stands out. Finally, I like the tune and think it's a successful experiment - it worked. The irony is how you used a known genre for a song about brainwashing lol.

ps Good video. How much time did it take to find/edit the bits relative to the audio track?
Thanks! Yeah took a bit of time to kind of synch the images and clips to the music, was fun to mess with! I couldn't help but feel a little hypocritical railing against mindnumbing social media /phone addiction , while posting it on youtube :LOL: !
Great Song - moves in a lot of directions - I don't particularly care for the spoken work part - but it works - the distorted guitars are interesting - one is metal and the other is kind of classic rock - and it works again - pretty neat.
I think it was a Marshall and a Soldano amp models I used. Im a horrible singer, and my speaking voice makes me cringe even more when I hear it recorded, but somebody had to do it :>). Thanks for the listen!
It is quite Ozzy/Sabbath. Vocals could be louder. I don't get the Sting reference. I like the guitar tones. Visuals reminded me of Squid Game. Good jam
Yeah , thats what I was going for vocally, not sure what you mean on the Sting reference? Squid Game ? Love It!! Thanks Bulls!
My mind of jam....I approve. For the total Sabbath package though I'd have added more thwack to the drums and added more variation to the bass line instead of strictly copying the riffs. I like the guitar under the spoken word part.
Hindsight I wish I would have played that Bass differently for sure, this is a older song I did, not sure I have the multi tracks anymore, just used the "master" for the video. Would be cool to re do it with my improved knowledge Ive gained over the years 8-).....thanks for the listen!

Back