what mics do you always bring with you?

lilcapn

when working in other peoples' studios?

going to work at a studio in Spain, they have a U87 (yes! since i'll likely never own one, that will be fun) and then a bunch of 57's, etc and nothing else too exciting.

trying to decide what to bring along to help the situation and mix things up a bit...thinking about maybe a ribbon and a couple small condensors...

what mic do you always make sure you have with you in foreign (this time literally!) situations?

thanks!

If you'd like us to help, is this gonna be rental or mics that you have already? If so, list the mics you have and we'll have a look :D

ones i got

it's a fairly low budget project (except for them flying me over i guess) so it won't be rental, it'll be whatever i can lug over there from my fairly barebones home recording setup...

i've got a couple ribbons m160 & m260,
AT 4033 & 4060
oktava mc012 pair
at pro-37r pair
C1
D12

plus other stuff the studio already has...

but i was also asking to hear what mics are indispensible for others here (regardless of this present job at hand)!
thanks!

For sure the 160 - Hell, bring the 260 also...

Probably the Oktavas (they'll laugh until they hear them)...

D12's a good bet if for no other reason than its nostalgic "vintage" flair... Especially if it's got the old "side-wire" on it (I believe it was designated D12B or D12E). Is it in nice shape?

421... Well, it's got "flava" for sure...

4060 to go up against the U87...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

lilcapn said:
when working in other peoples' studios?

going to work at a studio in Spain, they have a U87 (yes! since i'll likely never own one, that will be fun) and then a bunch of 57's, etc and nothing else too exciting.

trying to decide what to bring along to help the situation and mix things up a bit...thinking about maybe a ribbon and a couple small condensors...

what mic do you always make sure you have with you in foreign (this time literally!) situations?

thanks!
What are you going to be recording?

rock and roll

it's a pop/rock band, i've heard only demos, but the closest thing i could compare it to would be Teenage Fanclub...really good loud guitar pop like that.

Re: rock and roll

lilcapn said:
it's a pop/rock band, i've heard only demos, but the closest thing i could compare it to would be Teenage Fanclub...really good loud guitar pop like that.
Take an MD421 with you.

Back