What mic. and pre/mixbrd

lefant

I've the CWP9 and midiman delta 66 and want to know what mic and what pre amp and or mixing board some of you are using. BTW, I don't have another GRAND to spend, perhaps a half a grand on the two (mic and pre/board)

lefant,

I also use the small Behringer that bball jones mentioned, but I got a RODE NT-1 mike. Also picked up both new for under $400 (from American Musical Supply). The RODE sounds great. It's a large diaphragm condenser mic. Really nice for acoustic guitar and vocals. The Behringer seems very quiet and well-made for the price.

By the way, I'm using the Delta 66 too. It's great. I also have a SB Live. I use the Behringer for its mic preamps, but mainly for being able to listen to both the SB Live and the Delta card. I route the SB output to a pair of channels, and the first two Delta outs (all I'm using at the moment) to another pair.

-AlChuck

[This message has been edited by AlChuck (edited 06-26-2000).]

AlChuck,
You got a great deal. I didn't do any shopping when I bought mine. Just woke and said to myself I need a new mixer - now. I tend to get rather impulsive at times.
But I am happy with it. It's solid, clean & durable.
I could swear there is a power switch on it but I can't remember where.

bball jones,

Glad to hear you like the mixer. So far I have no complaints, but I had read some disparaging remarks about Behringer mixers here or elsewhere and wondered if I made a big mistake...

As you said, solid, clean and durable... and it does the job I need it to do (I'm not recording Steely Dan here).

-AlChuck

Back