What kind of treatment to put where?

BurnBarfield

I am looking to treat the room that I have created in paint and attached. I just want to get some opinions on the kind of treatment, and where to put it. As well as the best mixing position/drum position/etc... The red lines symbolize where the doors are.

Please enlighten me, a friend of mine is willing to help put together some bass traps and anything else possible.

Attachments

• room layout.jpg
    room layout.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 95
Have you thought about getting some professional help to tune the treatments. youll get more bang for you buck if an acoustician works out the specific energy flow pattern of the room based on how you want to use it. even if all the treatments are DIY your map of them doesnt have to be

I just want to get some opinions on the kind of treatment, and where to put it. As well as the best mixing position/drum position/etc.

I'd cover whatever that opening is on the right with either sheet rock or doors etc. Then set up the mix position with you facing to the right, and the speakers firing the longer way down the room toward the left. The mix position will be at the right, of course, and instruments begin recorded are behind you on the left. Then follow all the treatment advice in my Acoustics FAQ Gorty linked to.

--Ethan

Back