What kind of connector is this, and where can i get it/how much?

The connector is called a "Jones" plug. It is a very old-fashioned plug that was very cheap when it was popular. You can buy them through Digi-key or Mouser Electronics, but they might not have the exact one. Depending on what pins are used, it would not be hard to convert it to XLR, but you really need to have schematics to find out what wires you have to use.

It's not an elco plug.
Elco's look a little different. They have connectors more like "pins" rather than "blades" as shown in the picture.

AD - Do you want to convert just one end right, and keep the "Proprietary End" in tact? I'm guessing yes, but sorry, can't help ya there. With out a schematic of the plug and the device, there's little to no way of knowing how to convert it.

I was going to have a channel strip from a console racked and powered and it was hard to find anybody that would/could wire it, so I bet it would be expensive.

Michael Jones said:
It's not an elco plug.
Elco's look a little different. They have connectors more like "pins" rather than "blades" as shown in the picture.

AD - Do you want to convert just one end right, and keep the "Proprietary End" in tact? I'm guessing yes, but sorry, can't help ya there. With out a schematic of the plug and the device, there's little to no way of knowing how to convert it.

I was going to have a channel strip from a console racked and powered and it was hard to find anybody that would/could wire it, so I bet it would be expensive.
You are right, I looked at the Elco on my ATR-60 and it's a bit different. It also has a "jones" type connector. My bad.

I actually have an 8 channel snake that's XLR on one end and that plug on the other. It goes from the Tascam ATR 60-8 to the really old DBX noise reduction. It's a strange plug indeed!
RF

Back