What Key To Sing In?

whats the highest note you can sing comfortably??? for me it's an F... so i like to be able to ad the 9 on a tonic chord so i like to sing in Eb or D... make sense??? or if you're doing covers find the highest note in the tune and adjust from there...

whats the highest note you can sing comfortably??? for me it's an F... so i like to be able to ad the 9 on a tonic chord so i like to sing in Eb or D... make sense??? or if you're doing covers find the highest note in the tune and adjust from there...

Nice trick - been singing for years and never tried that one

Cheers

That said your top note could be a particular note in any key - but it is a way to set how you might structure the progression/melody to capitalise on your range

Hummm.....

some people have multiple octaves of "range" they can use... some have but one octave, and only one key to boot... another member of metallica joked in an interview they got sick of doing Eminor, as thats all the lead singer could SING IN at foirst, LMAO

I have READ that your MOST natural singing key is when you are recording talking softly and naturally, and the meter centers around one particular key...

as far as going out of range? eh, that should be obvious... non-musical listeners can usually point out where a singer "loses it" reaching too high or too low out of their range?

for picking out natural key, a "gut hunch" (and nothing else... as i cant sing one note..lol) tells me that recording yourself sober and "dry", and running it thru ANtares just to watch the pitches/key... might work...

Back