What is the reason for the detachable power cords on amps?

Yeah I keep two or three or more of everything. I have shit I use at home, and it stays home, and I have a backpack full of cables and cords for practice/gigs. Nothing gets forgotten. Although I did forget my guitar one time. I realized it halfway to practice. I was looking in my rear view mirror into the back of my SUV....okay I see the cab, head, backpack full of shit, guitar stand, fan, cooler of beer......fuck! No guitar! :facepalm:

Doesn't matter even doing a careful pre-orginized pre-checked 'pack, driving away I still have that 'what'd I miss' going. What cracks me up is getting better at simplifying (consolidating' again), it comes attached as 'damn, that pack' was too easy'.
F**k me :rolleyes: :p

I was looking in my rear view mirror into the back of my SUV....okay I see the cab, head, backpack full of shit, guitar stand, fan, cooler of beer......fuck! No guitar!
Curious-- Ya know I could handle loosing different stuff, but my guitar-- hmm.
Anybody do this..? 'Settling back in at home, maybe dosing off for the night occasionally I'll get this 'replay.
The vision has 'took it out..' But did I actually bring it in!
A few times I've actually got back up.

I know a guy that lost his SG, in it's hardcase, out the back of his truck somehow on the way home from a gig in the middle of the night. He reckons he lost it on a major Houston interstate since that was the majority of his route and I remember him putting it into his truck. He was a little tipsy. I even said something to the effect of "dude, put that in the cab". He was totally devastated and heartbroken. About 6 weeks later he got it back via anonymous UPS shipment, totally unharmed. Crazy.

Guitarists are such pussies. They're always so threatened and scared by better musicians. If they weren't such prissy losers the drummer wouldn't be able to steal their women.

Q: What do you call someone who hangs out with musicians?

A: A drummer.

That would be your own damn fault.

And you could always swipe one off a cash register or computer monitor or jukebox or video poker machine.

TIP: Second-hand stores always have several in stock, usually for about a buck.

What I never see is a UPC cord that has a right-angle on BOTH ends. And if I found one, it would no doubt angle the wrong way.

I wish someone, somewhere, anyone, anywhere, could come up with an original drummer joke that hasn't been told 7 billion times already. Please. Someone.

Hmmm... thinking... thinking... smoke coming from my ears...

Nope. I got nothing.

I'm a bassist and keyboardist, and one evening I turned up to a Blues Brothers tribute band gig (I was depping on keyboards) to find that I had brought the wrong gig bag! I had an amp, a keyboard stand and my Nord Electro 3 keyboard and no cables at all. A quick whip-round among the band came up with an IEC lead for my amp, a figure-8 lead for the keyboard and a spare guitar lead, and I was back in business! These things do happen occasionally, and surely a missing but easy-to-replace cable is better than a fixed one that's damaged.

I'm a bassist and keyboardist, and one evening I turned up to a Blues Brothers tribute band gig (I was depping on keyboards) to find that I had brought the wrong gig bag! I had an amp, a keyboard stand and my Nord Electro 3 keyboard and no cables at all. A quick whip-round among the band came up with an IEC lead for my amp, a figure-8 lead for the keyboard and a spare guitar lead, and I was back in business! These things do happen occasionally, and surely a missing but easy-to-replace cable is better than a fixed one that's damaged.

I know PCs from the 80's had the removable power cables. They also were the first electronic item I know that were standard multi-voltage (flip a switch) without being a special product.

Never would happen would it........ get to a gig and find that your detachable cable got left back home. :eek: :)

Maybe someone has one you could borrow, right? :rolleyes:

I've got half a dozen extras in my power cable bag, enough to hand out to guitarists who forget theirs. Most of them I found on stage while packing up my PA.

I've got half a dozen extras in my power cable bag, enough to hand out to guitarists who forget theirs. Most of them I found on stage while packing up my PA.

So, there's a shit load of peeps.. with no cords
;)
I hear the back side of the moon ...has the lost socks, most of these cables.. and the picks of course!

Back