What is Best For ME???

MrMusicAu

Ok, There seems to be a lot of talk about sound cards and last week I went to my local computer store and asked what is the best sound card for me as I'm recording midi file straight to my MINI DISC Recorder/Player so I can play along with the backing I create on stage.

He said that the Sound Blaster Live is all that I would need and that I wouldn't hear much difference between a $90.00 SBLive and a $900.00 sound card, the only difference he says is that it's got added function that allow you to do anything.

So I asked him; So the quality as CD quality is the best you can get?

He said yes.

If one was to payout over $1000.00 for a sound card, wouldn't it have to have like, umm, a 32bit or 64bit or 128bit? and a lot of sound cards come with aditional hard ware and software, can anyone convince me that there is a much better sound card than the SBLive and you can really tell the difference?

Andrew.

If you just want to transfer your recordings from your MD to the PC then the best way is to use the digital i/o. You will get no loss in sound quality.

All you need a Cmedia CMI-8738 based soundcard like the Aopen AW850 Deluxe, which costs Aus$42 from www.computermarket.com.au

Other cmi 8738 cards include the zoltrix nightingale pro and MD Mate. You can search for these on the internet and MD users groups.

It has 16/24 bit digital i/o at 44/48 khz. I have both the sblive and aopen card and would recommend the aopen as it does an equally good job for a lot less cash (you need the sblive platinum to be able to transfer digitally).

Back