What is a resolving system?

I believe. . . i believe.JPG

I believe it refers to using components which take full advantage of high-res audio. I believe. . . In a home Hi-Fi system, back in the day, we would put a pair of Bose 901 (or your choice) speakers in our living rooms or dens to take it up a few notches over whatever so-so speakers we had before. I believe. . . In our home recording world, this might be the use of expensive, highly rated monitor speakers to allow you to hear things/problem areas which weren't apparent before. Possibly even constructing a room to compensate for what may be lacking in monitor speakers of lesser quality.

Well, that's my shot at it.

Strait from the CEO of a high end audio company. This guy is all over the place in this video but it gives you the gist of it.

Highly resolving system = high resolution system? I get that. Never heard it spoken about as 'resolving'. In realtion to hifi, I suppose it jus means the kit is capable of reproducing what is fed into it as accurately as possible? The hifi folk often live on a different plane to the rest of us, so I see the word hifi and think negative things.

Google keeps bringing up audiophile videos and I get the impression they think that their reproduction sounds better than the person who produced it had? They hear more realism, more bass, more detail and more excitement. Odd that the person doing the tweaking recording it didn't?

Back