What improvements can be made?

laststartoshine

We're about to move into this new space, aprx. 2000 sq. feet

it was a studio previously, but there are a few things i'm raising my eyebrows at, and going, what were they thinking.

for example, all of the aurlex everywhere. about $12,000 worth, and very few bass traps.

2nd, a huge 4x8 plexiglass window, and 2 sliding glass patio doors sperating the iso booth and live room, from the control room.

now, i'm no expert, but this seems a bit off. i'm not sure how much of it should go here, and how much should go in acoustics....

but i figure i can get the most help here.

basically it comes down to, what do i do with this space?

i'm asuming i need to put some bass traps in the corners, carpet, or at least heavily rug the control room, possibly build and put a cloud in the control room, replace the plexi glass with glass..

what would you do?

included is a rough layout of the studio, please excuse my horrid paint skills, and then also a link to THEIR photographs of the studio.

p.s. they're giving us all of the aurlex foam, and two couches in the control room.

i'm not sure on exact measurements, but the whole place is about 2,000 sq. feet

these are their photo's
http://stoneharveststudios.com/tour.html.0.html

note, the sketch, isn't drawn to scale...

Attachments

• studiosketch.JPG
    studiosketch.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 51
Cool looking place you bought there, lots of wood, which I think is a good thing.

Yes to bass traps for the control room.

Have no idea why they went plexiglass, can't be more sound proof then a normal window, nor do I know why they went with sliding glass doors everywhere. I do know I would take that studio over my small little home studio any day of the week.

i got a chance to play that piano in the room, and have a buddy play the piano in that room while i walked around. it sounded FANTASTIC.

i love all the wood too.

i was bothered by the fact that there wasn't enough iso between the control and live room, mainly due to the big gaping plexiglass hole in the wall! haha.

thanks though!

Reactions: SRR
Back