What I Want Remix

i didn't hear the 1st versio yet so i can't make a comparison there, but i will say the tune itself is fab!

there is that lo-fi element, but it's cool....reminds me of nick lowe.

michael

OK first of all there's a drum screw-up at 0:03, I had to listen to it about 5 times before I could hear it and now it's BLARING in my ears :)

I have another one of your songs here, Stuff on TV I think, both have GREAT lyrics, you are truly talented in the lyric department. This song is quite good, I like it better. The change at 0:50 is excellent.

The only complaint I have is the drums which are off beat a few times but ESPECIALLY at 0:03 :)

I thought this would have died by now. Don't you people have anything better to do? :)

Seriously, thanks..

G-man - thanks for trying.

chris - I think the delta will be cleaner. I hope the sound will be a bit bigger and warmer as well. I hope I'm not disappointed. I'll then re-do this one. Your comments are always terrific and help me out. Thank you so much.

michael butler - believe it or not the first version was even worse. Thnks for the compliments.

lynx - believe it or not, the syncopated snare was intended. Perhaps not pleasing to the ear, but intended nevertheless. The TV thing was quite a while ago. Thanks for remembering.

DavidK - you didn't miss a thing by not catching the first version. Thanks.

OK everyone, please let this thread die a merciful death.

Triplage....

Hi Triple,

I remember listening to this one a few weeks ago at work through crappy pc speakers, so I'm not really able to say whether the sound is improved or not.
As it is, it sounds as if you aim for a 60's sound (you do that in general, don't you? :) ) and from that perspective, I really like the sound a lot. The mix could be more clear, but I really dig the atmosphere of the song.

There's a lot of funny stuff in the lyrics, but they are also very poetic and surprising and they are obviously written by someone with very good ears for this.

I've commented on your great expressive voice before, but in this particular song I think you press it a bit to much. It sounds a little shrilly at times, so maybe the pitch should be lowered a note or two ?

The melody itself is just great (as usual) and after listening I'm in an even better mood (as usual) :) :) .

Back