What FX come with Pro Tools LE?

octoruss

Hi All,
I'm considering making the jump from my Roland VS1680 to ProTools and have been looking at the MBOX 3. HOwever, my big question - which I can't seem to find an answer to, is what FX come with Pro Tools LE?

All the documentation says that it comes with "dozens of effects", but doesn't specify what, and it furthermore seems to indicate that I would need to buy separate effects.

I don't need anything crazy, but do need to have decent reverb, delay, EQ, mastering etc. Does ProTools include these basic effects or do you have to buy them separately?

Thanks for your help on this--

It comes with most everything your looking for. Reverbs, Delays, comps, eq , chorus and flange type of effects. There is no dedicated mastering software, but has a limiter and other tools to use to try and master. As far as buying plugs it depends on what else you need. Melodyne? Or some nicer reverbs? But it has a decent package to get you started.

I just got Pro Tools LE with the purchase of Mbox Mini and I can tell you it has everything you need to get started. For more info you can check this page out on the Avid site (I stumbled on it - not the easiest one to find):

avid.com/US/support/customer-assist (add the www and a . in front of it since I can't actually post a URL since I haven't posted enough - STUPID RULE).

You'll have to select the Audio Hardware, USB, and Mbox Mini (or any other MBox interface - they all come with Pro Tools LE). It will show you what's in the box and list all the included effects and virtual instruments.

Hope this helps.

Back