What furniture you guys using? Anyone using Raxxess?

NeveSSL

Hi all!

Well, I think this is probably the right forum to post this question. Seems appropriate, anyway. :)

Just curious what studio furniture you're using.

Specifically your main desk and the producers desk as this is all I will probably have room for. :D

More specifically, anyone have any experience with the Raxxess stuff like is at Sweetwater? The pictures quite honestly aren't giving me a whole lot of hope. They look like overpriced WalMart particle board desks, to be honest. Is that about right?

What are you guys using? Custom stuff? Another manufacturer?

Thanks much!

Brandon

I use the Staples desk for $99 :)

rm_desk.jpg

works fine for now ~

A length of counter top from home depot propped up on saw horses. :D
Purty, aint it? I got it out of the bargain bin because there was a scratch on it.... paid like $10.00 for it.

Attachments

• studio1.jpg
    studio1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 314
Nice, cincy-kid! Thats not bad. Fits pretty well, actually.

Wow... thats awesome, eyema... but not quite what I'm looking for! :D

Brandon

We stock the Raxxess stuff. Its quite a bit thicker than supermarket/office supply stuff, but I think its overpriced. The good part is its all sized for rackmount gear, thats what you're paying for really.

I had the same desk as cincyKid for several years and it worked great, survived 2 moves. I may end up getting one again, but I can never find it for $99 anymore!

I have a couple 20-space Raxxess econo-racks that are sturdy enough and work just fine. Black so they look just fine too. I'm not moving them around so its not as if they take abuse or anything.

Very cool guys. Thanks for the replies!

I've got a friend who is a great wood worker and actually has a pretty nice home studio that he built all of the furniture for... I'm just checking out alternatives in case he doesn't have time. At the same time, I've got plenty of time until I'll actually have a house to put all of this in. :) At least 2 or 3 years.

Thanks!

Brandon

Back