What file do I save to in order to burn to CD?

VONewbie

What file do I save a session to in order to burn it to a CD for playback over a standard CD player?

Thanks.

just to add.....

WAV file, 44.1k, 16bit...

track and mix at higher formats, final mix to 16bit 44.1k
TIP: on many systems (mine included) there are many file ---> save options, and several of them are WAV...this makes for a bit of confusion to the newbie...the only one that worked for me was...Microsoft PCM (*.wav)

which for trivia is, i believe pulse coded modulation, or some such shit

Thanks

Appreciate the quick response. Yeah, there's a shit load of options when it comes to saving files. Jeez!

Again. Thanks.

Wav

SEDstar said:
WAV file, 44.1k, 16bit...

track and mix at higher formats, final mix to 16bit 44.1k

I do the same when I want to achieve good quality, but most of my recording times I spend testing of my ideas for new songs.
Often, I send some tracks or whole mixdowns to my friends to get feedback.
That’s why I save all tracks as mp3. Mixdown too.

I save storage space and it’s easy to send files by e-mail.
After I’m satisfied with this pre-DEMO file I do recording all over again and then work only with WAV.

(Everything I do is just for fun, not for a living)

Have a nice wave!

The problem with mp3...

...my case is that if I save a session in mp3 and burn the file to CD, it will only play back in a computer's CD player. I have a potential voice over client who wants all his work sent to him on CD for play back on either his computer or a consumer grade CD player.

90% of my clients usually want mp3's emailed to them. This one wants the hard disk.

I've done some work at radio stations and have always gotten a hard disk for my demos. They play fine on a standard player. All the radio stations I've done work at use CEP...so, I'm sure there's some file mode that works.

Record your material in Multitrack View, then go to Edit/Mix Down/All Files (or Audio Clips, in Adobe Audition 1.5). This will give you a stereo track. If you recorded at 32 bit, press F11 and choose "16 bit" and "Enable Dither" in the box the comes up. Finally, save as a PCM .wav file, which is the standard CD audio format.

lp, that's interesting. I have 1.5 and I use File>Export>Wave and save to PCM wave in 16 bit...

Is there a difference that you know of?

That's what I meant. I don't know if there's any difference in the end result between what you and I are doing but I mix down, process (reverb, etc) then punch F11 to convert and just save in a folder as a PCM .wav. Seems easiest to me.

Back