What does the RNP do best?

jho1986

I have a RNP and whenever im getting ready to mic drums or guitar i am always unsure of what to use my RNP on. I sometimes think that the overheads are the most important, and on other days i think the top and bottom snare is most important, and sometimes i mic the bassdrum and snare top with it!!

For whoever has used it, what did you like it best on?

jho1986 said:
I have a RNP and whenever im getting ready to mic drums or guitar i am always unsure of what to use my RNP on. I sometimes think that the overheads are the most important, and on other days i think the top and bottom snare is most important, and sometimes i mic the bassdrum and snare top with it!!

Snare is the most important thing i would say.

jho1986 said:

Depends on what your other pres are.

Until I got a better stereo pre, the RNP did overhead duties because it has a wider frequency response and more overhead than my other pres.

In my experience with it...loud, amplified instruments. Too noisy for any critical tasks. DAV man, DAV> ;)

I don't agree BR, the RNP is quiet enough to handle vox as well as overheads and cabs, Not my goto since I acquired the John Hardy and Phoenix but I've used the RNP a bunch with nice results

Back