What do you think?

dolecek1

Hey guys.I'm a one man band.Which is not an easy think to do.I'm still tryin to get my ideal metal aound and bein a one man band thats a very slow process, since i typically have to do a mix in order tyo get a real feel for it, so can you please listen to this and give me your input? thanks

When you say "one man band" do you mean that you're going to go out and perform live with a bunch of backing tracks, or that you're just recording every part of the song in your studio?

If you're planning on performing live, what's going to be added to this mix at the live performance?

recording preffered, im actually a bass player so getting my guitar sound is a but tricky, before i wa sadding too much base so i just want an overall view of what you guys think of my overall guitar sound

dolecek1 said:
recording preffered, im actually a bass player so getting my guitar sound is a but tricky, before i wa sadding too much base so i just want an overall view of what you guys think of my overall guitar sound
Hmm, its a very short clip, and the beat and riff don't change but based on that.......
Recording wise, the drums sound very disconnected from the guitar. Maybe you need a drier guitar sound going in, and then add a touch of reverb to the whole mix when mixing down. I'm not too experienced with that so I don't know if thats the best thing to do, but I can definitely tell you're drums have a total different sonic character to them than the guitar. Like they are playing on different planets.....
The guitar is still a bit bass-heavy. When playing by myself I love to crank up the bass around 9 o 'clock and scoop the mids out but when you have a good bassline going the guitar doesn't need to fill that sonic space anymore because it gets crowded. Try messing with the EQ to get more high end, and/or try using your bridge pickup if you aren't already using it. When you come to a plam-muted part it will sound crunchier and more dynamic than your neck pickup....... and you WILL eventually P.M. if you want to be metal. Even if it sounds like too much treble when you start...... it won't after you record 2 tracks, panned to the left and right, and then have all the other elements recorded. Try experimenting with the panning though. Panning hard left and right can sometimes make the image too wide....... so also try panning just 50% to the left and right and it leaves the "center" more intact.

Back