What do you think of John Mayer

MusicminD

I'm a fan of this guy primarily because of his guitar-playing skills. He's probably one of the best singer-song writer and guitarist of his generation. He has his upcoming 7th studio album named Paradise Valley and has some pretty good songs in there though I doubt if it's gonna beat Continuum. John Mayer's best album IMO.

I'm a huge John Mayer fan although he seems to be much less known this side of the pond. I love the original "Neon" and "My Stupid Mouth" (the one's off of "Inside Wants Out" rather than "Room for Squares"). Great guitarist, great voice, great lyrics, just outstanding IMO :)

He's probably one of the best singer-song writer and guitarist of his generation.

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but you can't mix an assertion with an opinion, and that was an assertion.

I think he is one of the best singer-song writers and guitarists of his generation.

Having cleared that, I do believe he is one of the best guitarists and I think his skills in guitar only fall short to John Frusciante, in my opinion. I've tried to really get into him but I just can't. I don't know why yet.

I think Any Given Thursday is a brilliant album. Pretty much anything he did after that sucks. His ego gets in his way.

There is a show on cable called "Crossroads" where they pair musicians from different genres. The pairing of John Mayer and Keith Urban was un-freaking believable! They traded some amazing licks!

Here's a relevant video.

In it is Frusciante, Mayer, and Derek Trucks. As I said before, I believe Frusciante is the best of the three and it's a shame he was limited to playing 12 bar blues as that is definitely not his forte.

Back