What do you guys think about this acoustic foam?

you'll want to find posts by ethan winer and rick fitzpatrick... they are the two goto guys around here for acoustics questions... but you're in the right forum... they should be around shortly...

Well

Mostly because they dont have the absorbtion qualities that products like auralex or 703 have. Most of these companies like foam by mail and all those cheap acoustic solutions are just stock foam thats cut to look like it, but the absorbtion qualities are way off and companies like foam by mail have even been found to have changed numbers on their acoustic absorbtion tests.

Wow, that looks like a fairly easy project to try, and save a hella money!

Could you maybe send me a couple links to where I can buy good "owens-cornering 703" and "burlap fabric"

I tend to always buy the wrong kind, or the one with the highest price.:o

I haven't been able to find the insulation, but any fabric store will have burlap. I think in the link he says he got his at Joan's Fabrics which is a big chain where I am.

If you find an online source for 703 let me know.

Alright man, will do

Thanks for that link again, Im deffinatly going to try it when (if) I find some 703

i actually bought from that exact same ebay company a few months ago, and it was delivered fast and it does work great, as far as i can tell, everything looks nice, the only problem with this company, is that they give you a spray adhesive that comes with it, whcih is completely shit, it holds... for about two days, then the pannels staretd falling off, until after a week 10 correctly mounted pannels fell, it was kidnda bs, but i just went to the depot and bought some stuff that actually works, overall, this company has some actually decent foam, especially for the price

Back