what do i need?

tomb

i have just got a delta 1010 24/96. i have a condeser mic, with more on the way. i want to record my band, but want to set up a stuio soon to record other bands. my probelm im having now is this. i have 2.0gighz computer, 1 gig of ram. when i record the acoustic i have a poping sound. its an electric acoustic. i know i need a mixer, but what else would you guys recomend. im using nuendo, is this good recording software? or should i try somthing else. what are some good mix down plugins? last question when mixing down, do you mix one trck at a time? or whole song? i was trying t-rack 24, and did not like the result. the drums needed more bass and highs, but it added this to the whole song. thanks guys. i only want to put lik 2 or 3 grand into it. this including the flextone2 hd or the pod pro. could i have a good studio for that much?

I can't address all of your questions, but here is some info.
Nuendo is a very good multitrack recording package. It allows you to record as many tracks as computer can handle and apply plugins to each track individually. Mixdown is a built in feature, so you don't need any special plugins for that. If on budget, take a good look at Cubase SX. Although Steinberg denies that, some people say that it records, plays and mixes the projects even better, than Nuendo. New Nuendo 2 is expected to be released any day now, and people who saw the demo say that it is going to be a killer package.
You computer is fine, just make sure you have good 7200 rpm IDE hard drives with 8 mb buffers.
You don't specify conditions under which you are getting pops. Most common areas to check: operating system optimisation for audio, buffers settings in Delta driver and in recording software, unique IRQ assignment to Delta card (no IRQ sharing) and AGP videocard (no PCI videocard).

And one more thing. T-racks are mastering plugins. If you don't like their sound, there are others to choose from: Steinberg mastering edition, Izotope Ozone, Waves mastering bundle. They meant to be applied to the whole mix.
If you need to tweak the sound of some instrument, you need to apply EQ on that particular channel. There is an EQ built in on every channel as in Nuendo, as in Cubase.

Back